Friday, November 7, 2008

President Elect - Barack Obama!!

Well, we now know who our 44th President will be. Barack Obama! The first African American President of the United States of America is a Democrat. With a landslide victory that turned multiple states from Red to Blue, we now know who will lead us for at least the next four years, if not eight.

I'm excited. Wish he could start right now and Bush could just go back to his ranch and stop causing problems. Who knows what stupid things we have in store for us from the White House between now and January 20, 2009. Hopefully he can keep them to a minimum and give Obama less to clean up than he already has facing him.

I wanted to visit my friend Mark in D.C. for the inauguration ceremony in January, however financial circumstances (which I am sure are hitting everyone) may not let me partake. We'll see what magic I can make between now and then. Most likely it will just be a flight in, party with the Seavey's and then out. I don't see me being able to attend the ceremony or balls afterward unless I fall into a good chunk of change soon. If you don't believe me, check out the prices HERE. Crazy!!

If you missed Obama's acceptance speech on Tuesday evening, it's a must see HERE.

1 comment:

Metro Gnome said...

Come visit. We will not be attending any $1500 events... We will be roaming DC, and throwing a house party.

Bring a tux in case.