Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sherman Engagement


On Sunday, Melissa and I attempt to climb Mt. Sherman 14,036' in the Mosquito Range from the Iowa Gulch trail head in Leadville. We started at 6:15 a.m. and got to the ridge line where we were turned back by wind that was knocking us off our feet. This would have been my second summit of Sherman and Melissa's first.

My plans for the top fell through, but I found a great opportunity on the way down. After getting out of the wind, I set a ring on top of a cairn (trail marker above treeline) on the side of the trail. As Melissa approached, she asked if I was going to take a picture of the unique cairn. Then she saw the ring. I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said YES!

We are looking at about a year till the wedding. Time to start planning!



Click HERE to see a larger slideshow.

7 comments:

Elisa and Adam said...

Yahoo! Congratulations to the both of you. You make a great couple.

David and Sonny Mercier said...

Congratulations Jason and Melissa

Unknown said...

Mark and I are so excited for you guys!! I just showed the girls in my office the pictures you posted and now they are all gushing about how romantic it all is. The ring is exquisite.

Amy Moore said...

Congrats to you both!

Kathy & Doug said...

Jason & Melissa,
Congratulations to both of you. You make such a great couple. Have fun planning your special day.

Kathy & Doug

Heather said...

Congratulations Jas and Melissa! What a beautiful place for a beautiful moment. Love, Heather

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congrats! I've been expecting some news like this since last year when I saw the two of you together in NH!